Monday, July 30, 2007

Ko Samui

I am back down on the other side of Thailand now and spent 5 days on the island of Ko Samui. This island itself was ok, reminded me of Phuket but....the best part and the reason I ended up stayed 5 days was the hotel. "The Jungle Club" was INCREDIBLE!!!

If 2 weeks ago I was asked what my favorite hotel ever was then my answer would have been "The Village" on the island of Pohnpei, FSM. However...this one is right up there. The cost was 600 baht ($17 a night) and that got you a super cute little hut, big bed, mosquito net, shower...so nothing fancy but the setting was unbelievable. Hammocks all through the jungle, million dollar views, wonderful staff, great restaurant/bar and one of those super fun infinity pools. It was so fun to lounge around drinking watermelon shakes and making friends with other travelers.

This is sweet little Sandy one of the hotel doggies


Sandy's brother having a scratch
Evening aerobics classes in the town
Our little hut, its seriously the cutest thing ever. Pretty basic, just a big bed, mosquito net and shower. This really was paradise!!!
This is my friend Sadie who I met while working/living on Kwajalein. She is here for a couple of months of traveling/studying and we met up to see Ko Samui & Ko Pha Ngan.

Here we are hard at work getting pedicures


One of the views from the Jungle Club pool
The restaurant/bar area of the hotel
The pool, that picture alone will make you want to pack your bags and get to Ko Samui
This is where I spent 5 days
This is smiley, happy Jack. I don't think the Jungle Club could function without him




No comments: