Saturday, June 17, 2006

Mid Winter!!!



Mid Winter here in Antarctica is a big deal! In my 31 years I have never paid much if any attention to the solstices, other than reasons to have fun parties. The solstice that is in a few days is a giant milestone for us as it means we have reached the peak of winter and are on the downhill portion. In coming down here 9 months did not seem like a long period of time, however when the majority of that time is in dark, windy and unbelivably cold conditions it has changed my perspective on time.

Mid Season!! We celebrated last night with a fantastic meal, dancing and the most incredible Auroras (or Southern Lights) I have seen since I have been here. It was a truly memorable night and we will be soon see the light at the end of the dark tunnell. Rumor has it the sun will be back the end of August.

3 comments:

Deb Hardman said...

I was thinking of you this morning, as I was driving in to work. Here it is nearly summer solstice, & in 2 more days, our days will start getting shorter, which means the sun will be heading back in your direction. Happy Winter Soltice! The Auroras sound wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
»

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it http://www.high-voltage-circuit-breaker.info/illinoiscircuitbreakersprogram.html plastic surgeons in greensboro 2c nc Cheap international calling numbers india how to change out a circuit breaker rose titanic franklin mint flying http://www.hummer-rental.info/Audi-tt-convertible-review.html qo345x circuit breaker Klonopin by fed ex